• 묵상/기도

홈 > 목회 > 묵상/기도

[로키산 영한포인트 묵상(10)] “화목제”

페이지 정보

본문

[1] 포인트

“화목제”(propitiation)

[2] 성경

“사랑은 여기 있으니 우리가 하나님을 사랑한 것이 아니요 오직 하나님이 우리를 사랑 하사 우리 죄를 위하여 화목제로 그 아들을 보내셨음이니라”(요일4:10).

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins”(1 John 4:10).

[3] 묵상

하나님의 사랑은 우리의 죄사함을 위한 화목제로 독생자를 보내신 독특하고 놀랍고 희생적 사랑이다.

God's love is a unique, amazing, sacrificial love that sent His only begotten Son as a propitiation for the forgiveness of our sins.

‘화목제’(propitiation, 프로피시에~이션)은 ‘노여움을 달래기 위해 또는 사죄/속죄의 뜻으로 화목(和睦)을 구하며 뭔가 바치는 행위’를 뜻한다.

‘Propitiation’ means ‘the act of offering something to appease anger or to seek reconciliation as a means of forgiving/atonement.’

‘화목제’는 성경 66권의 핵심 교리와 함축 용어이다. 이것은 인간의 실상과 하나님의 구원계획과 하나님의 진심(眞心)과 희생을 계시해 주는 깊고 오묘한 복음의 키워드이다.

‘Propitiation’ is a core doctrine and connotative term in the 66 books of the Bible. This is a deep and mysterious keyword of the gospel that reveals the reality of humanity, God's salvation plan, and God's true heart and sacrifice.

“하나님의 사랑이 우리에게 이렇게 나타난바 되었으니 하나님이 자기의 독생자를 세상에 보내심은 저로 말미암아 우리를 살리려 하심이니라”(요일4:9).

“This is how God’s love was manifested toward us: God sent his only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through him” (1 John 4:9).

하나님의 사랑은 우리를 먼저 사랑하신 사랑이요, 우리 죄를 위해 화목제물로 하나님의 아들을 보내신 사랑이다. 우리를 살리기 위해 하나님 자신의 외아들을 세상에 보내었다고 말씀하고 있다.

God's love is the love that first loved us, and the love that sent the Son of God as a propitiation for our sins. It says that God sent His only Son into the world to save us.

“사랑은 여기 있으니 우리가 하나님을 사랑한 것이 아니요 오직 하나님이 우리를 사랑 하사 우리 죄를 위하여 화목제로 그 아들을 보내셨음이니라”(요일4:10).

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved usand sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins”(1 John 4:10).

NIV성경의 요한일4:10절의 어순에  따르면, “첫째, 하나님께서 우리를 사랑하신다. 둘째, 그리스도께서 우리를 위해 오셨다. 셋째, 그리스도께서 우리를 위해 화목제가 되셨다”라고 밝히고 있다.

According to the word order of 1 John 4:10 in the NIV Bible, “First, God loves us. Second, Christ came for us. Third, Christ became a Propitiation for us.”

하나님의 사랑은 거룩하신 사랑으로 죄로 인하여 하나님의 진노 중에 있는 우리를 십자가에 그리스도를 화목제물로 드린 위대하고 놀라운 사랑이다.

God's love is a holy love, and it is a great and amazing love that offered Christ on the cross as a propitiation for us who are under God's wrath due to our sins.

하워드 마샬(Howard Marshall)은“하나님 사랑의 깊이는 온갖 모진 고통을 참으시고 무조건 베푸시는 용서에 있다.”

Howard Marshall said, “The depth of God’s love lies in his patience of all kinds of suffering and his unconditional forgiveness.”

제임스 데니(James Denney)는“하나님의 사랑에서 예수님의 화목적 죽음이 제거된다면 하나님 사랑의 모든 의미를 잃어버린다”라고 하였다.

James Denney said, “If the propitiatory death of Jesus is removed from God’s love, all meaning of God’s love is lost.

우리는 예수 그리스도의 화목 제물로 하나님께 징벌을 받는 대신에 용서를 받게 되었다. 우리는 예수 그리스도의 화목제물로 죽음 심판을 받는 대신의 영생복락을 누리게 되었다. 오 주여,  감사합니다. 할렐루야.

Through the peace offering of Jesus Christ, we receive forgiveness instead of punishment from God. Through the peace offering of Jesus Christ, we can enjoy eternal life instead of being judged by death. Oh Lord, thank you. Hallelujah.

[4] 기도

하나님 사랑은 독생자 사랑입니다.

God’s love is the love of his only begotten son.

하나님 사랑은 우리 곁에 오신 사랑입니다.

God's love is the love that came to us.

하나님 사랑은 저 대신 화목제 되신 사랑입니다.

God’s love is the love that became a  Propitiation on my behalf.

저는 도저히 상상 조차 하기 어려운, 아들을 버리신 사랑,

A love that is difficult for me to even imagine, a love that abandoned its son.

저는 감당할 수 없는 십자가에 죽으신 사랑,

The love that died on the cross that I cannot bear,

오, 하나님, 주님의 진정한 사랑은 행동의 사랑입니다.

O God, your true love is a love of action.

오, 하나님, 제가 어찌 그 은혜를 갚을 수 있을까요?

Oh God, how can I return the favor?

그저, 숙연해지고, 그저 말문이 막혀, 가슴만 조입니다. 아멘.

I just feel solemn, speechless, and my heart tightens. Amen(23.12.16). 

446719875b97cb9231c66165102ef726_1701459684_4799.jpg
    정준모 교수는 선교신학박사(D.Miss.)와 철학박사(Ph. D.)이다. 대한예수교장로회  전 총회장, CTS 기독교 텔레비전 공동대표이사, GMS 총재, 총신대학교 개방 교육 재단이사, 백석대학교대신대학교 교수, GMS(세계선교이사회) 총재 등을 역임했다. 현재는 현 GSM(선한목자 선교회) 고문, 콜로라도 말씀제일교회 담임, 국제개혁신학대학교 박사원 교수, 국제 성경통독아카데미 대표, 콜로라도 타임즈, 뉴스파워, 좋은신문, KCMUSA 칼럼리스트이며, 대표 저서로는 ≪칼빈의 교리교육론》, ≪개혁신학과 WCC 에큐메니즘》, 《장로교 정체성》 등 다수가 있다.    

KCMUSA,680 Wilshire Pl. #419, Los Angeles,CA 90005
    Tel. 213.365.9188 E-mail: kcmusa@kcmusa.org
    Copyright ⓒ 2003-2020 KCMUSA.org. All rights reserved.